Paul Harvey is back with a cannon full of data on some of the best Ad Placements to use when running Facebook campaigns for your Amazon business. Also, check out at the end, for a cheeky technique when spying on your competitors.
The Case Study on Facebook Ads Placement
- I only run messenger objective ads
- We placed a budget of $10,000 on FB per month
- We ran messenger objective ads
- To find out where is the best placement?
- There is an area under the ad set level where you decide where you want the ad to be displayed.
- I selected everything that Facebook recommends for me, we let it choose.
- The clients are in the top 100 BSR of beauty products
- With only about 6 to 7 products we tested
- Facebook, Messenger or Instagram?
- 95% of the traffic was Facebook and the remaining 5% is Instagram and Messenger combined.
- Reason: The algorithm starts suggesting things for you, Newsfeed always wins. That is 95% of the ad.
- In Facebook: newsfeed and marketplace
- Marketplace got only $100 ad spend
- Click through rates: 5% CTR
- Instagram: 2%
- Messenger: 1.36%
- There is an astronomical increase in the cost per click.
- Most used device/ highest ad spend
- iPhone: $4,400 | CTR: 4% – high traffic
- Android: $4,037 |CTR: 4.6% – high traffic
- Desktop: CTR: 6% | reach is very low
The results: Winners!
- Go for android and iPhone users plus newsfeed.
- Wifi only
- Only run the ads in viewers timezone.
- Most clicks: 8pm -9pm
- Cheapest: 10am-11am
- Every Amazon seller should be using Facebook Ads Library, you’ll see the results.
- Use fake facebook profile and like all your ads
- Use half an hour per day to do this.
- Use rebate offers but use it successfully, the landing page should be ready.
- Use it now before the Chinese market catches up.
- There is not Terms and Conditions for using rebates. But use it properly.
- Rebates is trending but if used improperly for scamming.
- Important Note
- Go through your actual reports and you’ll see so much data there.
- Use these as leverage and spy on competitions, find out what they are doing