The good Dr returns to discuss how to blend Brand Analytics with Amazon PPC data…
A Bit of a Background
- Dr. Ellis Whitehead has an extensive background in computer science. and biology or medical technology.
- He is an algorithm expert for DATABrill which manages PPC and advertising automation for 6, 7 & 8 figure Amazon brands.
- Dr. Ellis saw that PPC campaigns can be driven and constructed with the same kinds of approaches to reach optimum performance.
Data analytics and the benefits
- Very few people take advantage of brand analytics.
- There are a lot more than a million keywords that people are searching for in Amazon, there is a changing set of keywords.
- The reports can be taken daily, monthly or quarterly.
- Looking at your daily data allows you to see more data on long tail keywords activity.
- You get a sense of how popular the search terms are.
- The auto-campaigns allow you to find keywords you want to be using.
- A very significant number of relevant keywords will not produce sales.
- Using tools like JungleScout and Helium10 are very important when getting data.
- Relying on auto-campaigns will result to you missing out on more popular keywords.
- When you go to Jungle Scout and Helium 10, you will get too many keywords.
- Going through that is a very tedious task.
Narrowing Down the Keywords
- We use a combination of two things to narrow down the keywords:
- One is look at which ASIN is your closest competitor – this is manual work.
- Look into brand analytics reports for the most relevant ASINs.
- Rate those keywords and take the most relevant ones.
- Find more competitors and do it all over again.
- For long term keywords: look at Amazon’s recommended keywords for PPC. This gives you more long term keywords not showing on the brand analytics.
- Mix those in.
- You will get more powerful keywords this way.
- Helium10 will give you keyword search volume estimates, use this along with brand analytics — you get good keywords.
Using campaign reports
- If a keyword is position #1 on the brand analytics but if you see that you are not ranking on the top 3 on the brand analytics but it is a really relevant keyword — then there may be things you need to change.
- Measure everything — cross reference this with optimisation.
- Use PPC data with brand analytics
- Your PPC keywords are not the same as search terms keyword so get the PPC keyword and the brand analytics keywords and STRIP THEM:
- Turn plurals to singulars and get rid of prepositions, stop words.
- Do this manually, Amazon does not replace singular keywords with plural all the time but most of the time.
- Ex: pad mice > pad mouse> Amazon sees them all as the same keywords.
- Cross reference your data!
Trends to look out for
- There are different types of CTRs: you have good and bad CTR.
- Example: expensive items > you will get low CTR because people will window shop and wait a few months before buying. There will also be low conversions rate.
- Low CTR and low conversion is OK.
- For other products 10% is a rule of thumb for CTR.
- This also depends on the PLACEMENT.
If you are looking for help or more information check out: https://sellersessions.com/case-studies/
- Catch Dr. Ellis Whitehead at SellerSessions LIVE 2020!
- ↪️Saturday May 9, 2020 👉Here’s the link to book your tickets http://bit.ly/ssl2020uk
- Conference ticket includes access to the Sellers Alley and YLT Translations”Boat Party”
- Thrasio – Lead Sponsor https://www.thras.io/
- Sellers Alley / YLT Translations – Boat Party https://ylt-translations.com/ & https://sellersalley.com/
- Urtasker – Merchandise https://www.urtasker.com/
- GEMBAH – Care Packages https://gembah.com/
- pingpong – Lanyards https://pingpongpayments.com/
- Alex De Lilla – Design and branding https://alexdelilla.com/
About SellerSessions 2020
- Our venue this year: The David Game Keynote Theatre, with tiered seating.
- This year we are supporting a charity and a portion of the proceeds will be given to Tomy’s pioneering studies for prevention of babies born asleep: https://www.tommys.org/
- We will give away 5 FREE tickets for single-parent Amazon sellers. If you know anyone please get in touch to get the details.
- Confirmed speakers and more to come:
- Brandon Young
- Dr Yev Marusenko
- Destaney Wishon
- Zack Franklin
- Nadine Schöpper
- Liran Hirschkorn
- Ivelin Demirov
- Dr Ellis Whitehead
- Paul Harvey
- And yours truly, Danny McMillan. I will be hosting the show and speaking on a topic.
Buy Tickets HERE http://bit.ly/ssl2020uk
Don’t just take our word for it…
💬“The first of its kind!”
💬“Best seller event so far!”
💬“Insightful and actionable”
💬“Fresh insights. Generous sellers. Recommended!”
💬‘This incredible event was run by mad scientists to create mad sales’
💬“Every session provided at least 3 high value, actionable strategies.
💬”Quality Actionable Content”
💬“Professional high-level informed learning community”
💬“Informative, enjoyable, bring on next year”
💬“A day and night to remember!”
📈 Need help with your Amazon PPC?
Check out what we do here: ✔️ SellerSessions.com/Agency/
Take a look at some of our client case studies:
❌No Set up Fees
❌No Long Term Contracts
Unlike some agencies, we do not take:
❌ Percentage of your profit
❌ Percentage of your Revenue
❌ Percentage of your Ad Spend
Get in touch for a free account audit…
Connect with SellerSessions and DATABrill:
- Email: Danny@databrill.com