Continuation of our two part episode! Let’s continue the discussion with Steve Simonson, Kian Golzari, Angie Chacon and delve more on how to create and select successful products.
- Do lab tests on your products.
- Do your tests now and get it out of the way.
- Tip: When it comes to testing – you will get what you ask for with factories. But do a deal like: If it passes you pay for the test, if it doesn’t the factory pays.
- Do other tests that can give you indicative results. Think about it for the long term.
- Test regularly — some can pass one batch and the next orders might not be compliant.
Inspection – what to look for?
- Go to the factory as part of the vetting process.
- Cleanliness, raw materials, waste areas — these are indicative of their practices.
- Do mid-manufacturing inspections.
- INSPECTION IS IMPORTANT to prevent future failures.
- Cleaning up a mess is more costly and can close down your business.
- Know the raw materials and how they are being kept or treated.
- Verify how product looks like in actual.
- Get samples – double and triple check everything
- Every shipment should be documented.
- Make sure there is an audit trail.
Credit with Suppliers
- Explain the situation to your suppliers
- Make sure you have a good relationship with your suppliers: TRUST FACTOR
- Spend time with your suppliers.
- There governmental insurance available for sources.
Common Mistakes that People Do
- Operating by email only is a waste of time.
- You can do this in one day by being there. Save your self from sample costs.
- Going on a trip is joining a community.
- You fast track your way into a successful business by going to your factory.
- It is a continuous learning process.
Connect with our guests!
Join us in these key events!
September 12-14 – Sellerfest Lithuania | Check event HERE
October 1 – Birmingham Linn Academy | Check event HERE
October3 & 4 – Amsterdam PPC Congress | Check event HERE
October 17 – AmaFest Manchester | Check event HERE
October 22- 23rd – Cross Border Summit and China Magic the same week!
October 27 and 29 – Global Sources | Check event HERE
October 14-20 – India Sourcing Trip | Check event HERE