In this insightful episode of the Seller Sessions Podcast, host Danny McMillan brings together a panel of e-commerce experts to discuss Q4 strategies. As the holiday season approaches, this episode offers invaluable insights for Amazon sellers aiming to optimize their strategies.
Guest Lineup and Bios:
Cara Sayer: Cara is the inventor of SnoozeShade – a global baby brand that has helped hundreds of thousands of parents, won 80+ awards, and is recommended by the world’s leading baby experts. Passionate about her journey, Cara loves sharing her experiences and the reality of running and growing a 7-figure business in her signature straight-talking style.
Joe Jakes: Joe successfully transitioned his multigenerational family business from 100% wholesale to 100% D2C. Regularly achieving seven-figure months and big six-figure days, the business now sells millions of units per year.
Founder of the digital media agency ‘Trendlution’, Matt has been a part of the e-commerce world for over 15 years. Having created over 250 top-selling items across Amazon, Ebay, and Woocommerce, he is also a part of the external pro trader and Ebay development program globally. Matt recently helped beta test the personalization feature and next-day service pre-release on eBay.com and .co.uk.
Matt Phipps: Matt, along with his wife Kata, began selling on Amazon in 2018. They achieved 7-figures by the end of their first year and sold the brand within three years. Currently, Matt is building a second 7-figure brand and coaches top-tier 7 and 8-figure sellers inside the Titan Network.
Nick Eary: Nick began his Amazon journey in 2017 and successfully exited two of his 7-figure companies in 2021. Having launched over 300 products worldwide, he now runs and operates 3 brands, scaling them towards 8 figures.
Ryan Edkins: An author, pilot, and serial entrepreneur with 3 exits, Ryan began selling on Amazon in 2021. In just two years, he scaled his FBA brands to mid 7-figures and beyond. He regularly coaches Amazon sellers, sharing his experiences and guiding them towards achieving financial freedom.
1. Ryan Edkins: The Power of Video Ryan emphasizes the effectiveness of sponsored videos, especially during high-traffic events like Black Friday and Prime Day. He also touches upon the challenges of sponsor positions and the importance of adjusting brand store images for seasonal sales.
2. Nick Eary: Gifting and Photography Nick shares his brand’s focus on gift-able items and the potential of product photography in enhancing sales. He also highlights the importance of basic deal management, promotions, and the challenges faced in the German market due to VAT number discrepancies.
3. Matt Phipps: Keyword Mastery Matt P. delves into the significance of keyword research and the utilization of past performance reports. He suggests creative additions like ribbons for gift-able products and the potential of brand-tailored promotions for retargeting.
4. Matt Parker: Carousel Advertising Matt P. (yes, another Matt!) discusses the effectiveness of the carousel feature in advertising. He stresses the role of creative angles, the importance of negative keywords, and harnessing the power of hashtags on platforms like Pinterest and TikTok.
5. Joe Jakes: Amazon’s Evolving Algorithms Joe provides insights on top search adjustments and the ever-evolving Amazon advertising algorithms. He also underscores the role of deals in increasing visibility and sessions.
6. Cara Sayer: Strategies Beyond Q4 Cara offers a fresh perspective for businesses that might not peak during Q4. She talks about the importance of housekeeping, optimizing listings, and shares success stories from the Australian market. Cara also gives recommendations on stock management with Amazon during non-peak seasons.
Special Mention: Danny also gives a shoutout to the upcoming Seller Sessions social event in December. It promises to be an excellent opportunity for networking and knowledge sharing.
Closing Thoughts: This episode of the Seller Sessions Podcast is a must-listen for anyone in the e-commerce space. With the holiday season fast approaching, the insights shared by the panel can be the difference between a good Q4 and a great one.