What happens when Amazon takes itself out of your competition list? In this episode, Jeff Schick shares what this new development means for your business.
Background of the issue
- Jeff Schick from EComAttonerys.com joins us this week to talk about changes in Amazon.
- Amazon has a host of brands competing with regular seller’s brands.
- The top block showing the “top-rated from our brands'”block on top of the page is now removed.
- Is this an effect of the anti-trust investigations or is this a way of increasing revenue from ad spend of regular sellers?
The Anti-trust Investigations
- India announced that it will not allow Amazon to have a marketplace and its own private label data in there. Since then it created the question: is Amazon using its market dominance to harm consumers and smaller sellers?
- Amazon controls the data– everything, can see everything and can create a very optimized competitor, with cheaper pricing.
- They used to place Amazon Basics up there showing top rated from our brands.
- The most common things is intellectual property — Amazon used to shoot first, ask later. But this has changed.
- They used to suspend then ask later BUT IP continues to be a problem.
- Many brands are realizing that counterfeiting claims are serious, especially from someone who have a counsel.
- There are those who file false claims – they now realize that it is mostly against them.
Wording your responses on suspension appeals etc.
- The verbiage has changed. It is no longer what you are going to do but what are you doing to prevent it from happening again.
- Root cause analysis is no longer enough.
- They will ask you for specific action plans.
- A demonstration on a particular bullet/ phrase/ action item.
- Things to watch out for: RETURNS
- Keep your eyes out for bogus returns.
- Have a plan in place to prevent getting suspended just because a customer wanted free shipping.
📈 Need help with your Amazon PPC?
Check out what we do here: ✔️ SellerSessions.com/Agency/
Take a look at some of our client case studies:
❌No Set up Fees
❌No Long Term Contracts
Unlike some agencies, we do not take:
❌ Percentage of your profit
❌ Percentage of your Revenue
❌ Percentage of your Ad Spend
Get in touch for a free account audit…
Connect with Jeff Schick:
Connect with SellerSessions and DATABrill:
- Email: Danny@databrill.com