Amazon Seller David Liggins drops by to chat about click fraud and how we got back $9000 in Ad Spend.
Click Fraud Red Flags
- David has been in Amazon business for awhile now.
- The red flags:
- Over the last two weeks or so there were spikes on the clicks.
- On Prime Day or when there is an expected high traffic, you can expect this kind of spikes but not on regular days.
- We tried to check why we should be getting an enormous amount of click. And there was no reason why we should be getting that kind of spike.
- May 27th 2019, 20 fold increase in peaks.
- The increases were not attributable to changes because no changes were made on the particular campaigns.
- It was only for a particular search term but did not occur for any other search term.
Opening the Case with Amazon
- Prepare a technical analysis of the findings and documentations
- Highlight the anomaly.
- Include the search term and the duration.
- Process takes about three weeks for Amazon to investigate after submission.
- Do not add A-Cost when there are anomalies.
- Look and isolate why your budget is burning through.
- Take a collection of a period or if you haven’t made any adjustments.
- Document everything you’ve done for the campaign — enough to detail what campaigns are affected, the search terms, etc.
- Collect historic data and provide some charts that show the spikes that are unnatural.
Connect with David Liggins:
?SellerPoll is the annual awards for the Amazon seller community.
There are 9 categories to choose from. Including; Facebook Group, Outstanding Contribution, Software, Service Provider, Podcast, YouTube Channel, Events and more.
?SellerPoll is brought to you by PingPong. The no 1 for cross border payments…Vote now at https://sellersessions.com/sellerpoll/
?Want great cross border rates? Then visit our wonderful sponsors at
Join us in these key events!
October 1 – Birmingham Linn Academy | Check event HERE
October3 & 4 – Amsterdam PPC Congress | Check event HERE
October 17 – AmaFest Manchester | Check event HERE
October 22- 23rd – Cross Border Summit and China Magic the same week!
October 27 and 29 – Global Sources | Check event HERE
October 14-20 – India Sourcing Trip | Check event HERE