Friend of the show Yev Marusenko returns to talk about GEO Ranking and how this affects you as a seller. We go deep into the conversation to discuss
how to get the most out of it, the non believers and detractors and much, much more…
- Yev has data on Geo Ranking and what it is all about.
- Geo rank, in a broad definition, is how Amazon looks at all the data at a regional standpoint: internal data, and all other metrics.
- Two main parts:
- how is it relevant to inventory?
- all other else: other factors not inventory
- Key metric why you must optimize for geo-rank:
- Rank itself! This is trackable.
- This is new and every week there is something new. The X-factor is: selling more!
- It is the black box of a region.
The Two Parts of Geo Rank
- When you have stock, your rank is up and when you don’t have stock or out of stock, your ranking goes down. This is one example. We do not have data yet on threshold based on inventory.
- Customer purchasing behaviour.
- Your rank is based on your area, your state.
- It gets updated real time.
The Two Parts of Geo Rank
- Ranking is measured by other softwares and with varying results.
- Two parts:
- Multiple measurement at each state and show the average of that data point.
- The Unknown: over time across states.
- The magnitude of impact, hourly data, fluctuations…
- What are the variations from each browser
- There are so many questions and so much to measure.
- There are many tests to be done to measure the variability and compare the trends over time.
How to use GEO ranking tools
- Every brand has different scenarios.
- Check top 100 for an ASIN, or the other way around.
- Use a geo-ranking tool to find out what is the revenue loss based on stock out periods.
- It allows you to project and prepare!
The Future of GEO ranking
- Brand analytics
- You can see your inventory count, and mappped out.
- You can see map of sales.
- How your sales affinity in comparison to other sellers, per category and so on.
- You can optimize your ads based on your geo ranking data
- It answers the questions of: where to scale? who to target?
- You can see the weakness of your competitions by using the data.
- It will be an automatic analysis of the patterns of data.
- WE DON’T KNOW WHERE IT IS GOING TO GO. Push the needle and let us see where it takes us.
Something that needs a deeper look
- There are hourly fluctuations in rank, no one knows what is impacting this.
- When you are changing your zip code, further or closer to your warehouse, when the time runs out for delivery then it can effect the fluctuations.
- Danny’s words of wisdom: Things need to be diversified because PPC costs are going up.
- You need to look at small things that can land you to where you want to be.
- Yev’s final thoughts: give it a try and see what it looks like. Share with the community what you think and what you see so we can grow up all together trying to figure it out.
Connect with Yev Marusenko:
- Connect on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/zontracks/
Connect with SellerSessions: