Dr Ellis returns and takes a fresh look at keyword research in 2020. How Brand Alalytics can play a large role if you know how to tickle out the data and use this to your advantage. Tune in to find out how you can do this yourself.
Sources of Seed Keywords
- It is good if you have some domain knowledge — if you do then you can use that.
- Use the Amazon auto-suggest in Amazon Central: you can get up to a thousand from your campaign. This works if you already have an ASIN set up.
- If the keywords are not good then you can use them as negative keywords.
- Brand Analytics is another source.
- Go to your selected keywords, go back to your set of ASINs
- ASINs will have keywords that work well for them will work well for your ASINs too.
- Look up the competitor ASINs and go to your keywords, find out where they are ranking and pick out the ones that will have good conversion rate for your ASIN or listing.
- You go back and forth: keywords, check ASINs, get keywords, negate keywords, add keywords check ASINs… it is a cycle.
- This process stops and calibrates your keywords selection.
- Look up the popularity ranking or frequency ranking of the keywords in brand analytics.
- Look at the search volume estimates of the keywords in Jungle Scout or Helium10.
- Check to see:
- Are there keywords with high volume that are really specific to your product.?
- Some people have the money until they rank their products to the top while other sellers have external and internal campaign but these can work for certain products, certain people and certain niches only.
- The more practical approach is to:
- Look for keywords that are really targeted to potential product.
- Do this in the product research phase. NEVER after you’ve picked up the product.
- If you have a general niche product — you will have a very hard time to rank organically in a way that will stick.
- Keep looking for other products if you will not rank then you will not sell.
- PPC can be used as one of the levers to get good ranking unless you have a whole lot of money to throw at advertising and ranking for a long time.
Choosing Keywords Outside Brand Analytics
- The keywords that do not show up in brand analytics means that those words do not get more than two searches a day.
- So do not base your keywords that are not in brand analytics.
- If you will use words not in brand analytics make sure that it is worth it. Like conversion will be high.
- Usually it is pointless. Long tail keywords do not usually convert.
- General Rule: If the word is not in brand analytics — ignore it. You can not rely on those.
- Keep doing product research for a product with a high demand and not yet congested.
- Brand analytics in US has millions of words — if you ask for report then they will give you the top million
- UK has 250, 000 words
- Germany has around 400,000 words
- The reports contain words having 10 or more searches a day.
- When you get this thousands of keywords from Helium10, Jungle Scout and Brand analytics, should you use all these words?
- Answer: NO. Use brand analytics to filter the words out.
- Limit your budget so you don’t burn through your budget. Use some of the bad keywords as negative keywords.
- Create individual campaigns for individual keywords on top pf search and let them run for a week.
- Allow for your bid x 10 increase. Set it to fixed bid. Allow for two clicks.
- This way you get an idea on how much Amazon will charge you to get top of search position.
- You then get to decide whether it is financially feasible.
To get help, or if you have any question then get in touch with us: email@example.com
If you are looking for help or more information check out: https://sellersessions.com/case-studies/
- Thrasio – Lead Sponsor https://www.thras.io/
- Sellers Alley / YLT Translations – Boat Party https://ylt-translations.com/ & https://sellersalley.com/
- Urtasker – Merchandise https://www.urtasker.com/
- GEMBAH – Care Packages https://gembah.com/
- pingpong – Lanyards https://pingpongpayments.com/
- Alex De Lilla – Design and branding https://alexdelilla.com/
SellerSessions LIVE — Tickets SOLD OUT!
Send Danny an email to get on the wait list: Danny@SellerSessions.com
About SellerSessions 2020
- Our venue this year: The David Game Keynote Theatre, with tiered seating.
- This year we are supporting a charity and a portion of the proceeds will be given to Tomy’s pioneering studies for prevention of babies born asleep: https://www.tommys.org/
- We will give away 5 FREE tickets for single-parent Amazon sellers. If you know anyone please get in touch to get the details.
- Confirmed speakers and more to come:
- Brandon Young
- Dr Yev Marusenko
- Destaney Wishon
- Zack Franklin
- Nadine Schöpper
- Liran Hirschkorn
- Ivelin Demirov
- Dr Ellis Whitehead
- Paul Harvey
- And yours truly, Danny McMillan. I will be hosting the show and speaking on a topic.
📈 Need help with your Amazon PPC?
Check out what we do here: ✔️ SellerSessions.com/Agency/
Take a look at some of our client case studies:
❌No Set up Fees
❌No Long Term Contracts
Unlike some agencies, we do not take:
❌ Percentage of your profit
❌ Percentage of your Revenue
❌ Percentage of your Ad Spend
Get in touch for a free account audit…
Connect with SellerSessions and DATABrill:
- Email: Danny@databrill.com