Dr Ellis Whitehead returns and breaks down in graphic detail why we don’t use Phrase Match, and how you can remove them from your campaigns.
Why we don’t need phrase match
- One of the hardest to come by is: data.
- You need clicks and orders in order to estimate conversions on keywords.
- If you have a multi-word key-phrase: latte glass
- A person might be searching glass latte or latte glass, the search intention may be the same.
- So if you are using phrase match, you need it in this particular sequence in order for people to find it.
- IF you use broad match instead, then they will find it no matter the sequence of the words.
- Amazon prefers broad match over phrase match. So get rid of that.
- When you use broad match, versus phrase match, you will be summing up all the clicks together in this one broad match instead of separately on the phrase matches.
- You get more data and get more insight.
Downside of broad match?
- it depends on how aggressive your campaigns are.
- For phrase matches, you get fewer impressions but you are not going to get a lesser percentage of bad phrases in broad match
- Since broad is just a matter of different order and the sequence of the words is just a matter of search intent.
- Broad match, in general, is not worse than phrase match.
- You need to stay on top of negation.
- Whether you use broad or phrase match.
- Being careful not to mess up your campaign.
- If you have a campaign which is running well and has a a lot of recent data or history, then if you start a new campaign– it will not get the same impression.
- It takes time to replace the data.
- DO NOT stop the ones that are already running, create new campaigns but run them parallel to your existing campaigns which are performing.
- How to do it?
- In the future do not bother with phrase match because it will always be worse for you.
- Use broad match
- Take the words you would usually use for a phrase match campaign, alphabetize them so you avoid adding duplicate words under your broad match.
- To get help, or if you have any question then get in touch with us: email@example.com
If you are looking for help or more information check out: https://sellersessions.com/case-studies/
- Catch Dr. Ellis Whitehead at SellerSessions LIVE 2020!
- ↪️Saturday May 9, 2020 ?Here’s the link to book your tickets http://bit.ly/ssl2020uk
- Conference ticket includes access to the Sellers Alley and YLT Translations”Boat Party”
- Thrasio – Lead Sponsor https://www.thras.io/
- Sellers Alley / YLT Translations – Boat Party https://ylt-translations.com/ & https://sellersalley.com/
- Urtasker – Merchandise https://www.urtasker.com/
- GEMBAH – Care Packages https://gembah.com/
- pingpong – Lanyards https://pingpongpayments.com/
- Alex De Lilla – Design and branding https://alexdelilla.com/
About SellerSessions 2020
- Our venue this year: The David Game Keynote Theatre, with tiered seating.
- This year we are supporting a charity and a portion of the proceeds will be given to Tomy’s pioneering studies for prevention of babies born asleep: https://www.tommys.org/
- We will give away 5 FREE tickets for single-parent Amazon sellers. If you know anyone please get in touch to get the details.
- Confirmed speakers and more to come:
- Brandon Young
- Dr Yev Marusenko
- Destaney Wishon
- Zack Franklin
- Nadine Schöpper
- Liran Hirschkorn
- Ivelin Demirov
- Dr Ellis Whitehead
- Paul Harvey
- And yours truly, Danny McMillan. I will be hosting the show and speaking on a topic.
Buy Tickets HERE http://bit.ly/ssl2020uk
Don’t just take our word for it…
?“The first of its kind!”
?“Best seller event so far!”
?“Insightful and actionable”
?“Fresh insights. Generous sellers. Recommended!”
?‘This incredible event was run by mad scientists to create mad sales’
?“Every session provided at least 3 high value, actionable strategies.
?”Quality Actionable Content”
?“Professional high-level informed learning community”
?“Informative, enjoyable, bring on next year”
?“A day and night to remember!”
? Need help with your Amazon PPC?
Check out what we do here: ✔️ SellerSessions.com/Agency/
Take a look at some of our client case studies:
❌No Set up Fees
❌No Long Term Contracts
Unlike some agencies, we do not take:
❌ Percentage of your profit
❌ Percentage of your Revenue
❌ Percentage of your Ad Spend
Get in touch for a free account audit…
Connect with SellerSessions and DATABrill:
- Email: Danny@databrill.com