Dr Ellis Whitehead returns and breaks down in graphic detail why we don’t use Phrase Match, and how you can remove them from your campaigns.
Why we don’t need phrase match
- One of the hardest to come by is: data.
- You need clicks and orders in order to estimate conversions on keywords.
- If you have a multi-word key-phrase: latte glass
- A person might be searching glass latte or latte glass, the search intention may be the same.
- So if you are using phrase match, you need it in this particular sequence in order for people to find it.
- IF you use broad match instead, then they will find it no matter the sequence of the words.
- Amazon prefers broad match over phrase match. So get rid of that.
- When you use broad match, versus phrase match, you will be summing up all the clicks together in this one broad match instead of separately on the phrase matches.
- You get more data and get more insight.
Downside of broad match?
- it depends on how aggressive your campaigns are.
- For phrase matches, you get fewer impressions but you are not going to get a lesser percentage of bad phrases in broad match
- Since broad is just a matter of different order and the sequence of the words is just a matter of search intent.
- Broad match, in general, is not worse than phrase match.
- You need to stay on top of negation.
- Whether you use broad or phrase match.
- Being careful not to mess up your campaign.
- If you have a campaign which is running well and has a a lot of recent data or history, then if you start a new campaign– it will not get the same impression.
- It takes time to replace the data.
- DO NOT stop the ones that are already running, create new campaigns but run them parallel to your existing campaigns which are performing.
- How to do it?
- In the future do not bother with phrase match because it will always be worse for you.
- Use broad match
- Take the words you would usually use for a phrase match campaign, alphabetize them so you avoid adding duplicate words under your broad match.
- To get help, or if you have any question then get in touch with us: email@example.com
If you are looking for help or more information check out: https://sellersessions.com/case-studies/
- Catch Dr. Ellis Whitehead at SellerSessions LIVE 2020!
- ↪️Saturday May 9, 2020 👉Here’s the link to book your tickets http://bit.ly/ssl2020uk
- Conference ticket includes access to the Sellers Alley and YLT Translations”Boat Party”
- Thrasio – Lead Sponsor https://www.thras.io/
- Sellers Alley / YLT Translations – Boat Party https://ylt-translations.com/ & https://sellersalley.com/
- Urtasker – Merchandise https://www.urtasker.com/
- GEMBAH – Care Packages https://gembah.com/
- pingpong – Lanyards https://pingpongpayments.com/
- Alex De Lilla – Design and branding https://alexdelilla.com/
About SellerSessions 2020
- Our venue this year: The David Game Keynote Theatre, with tiered seating.
- This year we are supporting a charity and a portion of the proceeds will be given to Tomy’s pioneering studies for prevention of babies born asleep: https://www.tommys.org/
- We will give away 5 FREE tickets for single-parent Amazon sellers. If you know anyone please get in touch to get the details.
- Confirmed speakers and more to come:
- Brandon Young
- Dr Yev Marusenko
- Destaney Wishon
- Zack Franklin
- Nadine Schöpper
- Liran Hirschkorn
- Ivelin Demirov
- Dr Ellis Whitehead
- Paul Harvey
- And yours truly, Danny McMillan. I will be hosting the show and speaking on a topic.
Buy Tickets HERE http://bit.ly/ssl2020uk
Don’t just take our word for it…
💬“The first of its kind!”
💬“Best seller event so far!”
💬“Insightful and actionable”
💬“Fresh insights. Generous sellers. Recommended!”
💬‘This incredible event was run by mad scientists to create mad sales’
💬“Every session provided at least 3 high value, actionable strategies.
💬”Quality Actionable Content”
💬“Professional high-level informed learning community”
💬“Informative, enjoyable, bring on next year”
💬“A day and night to remember!”
📈 Need help with your Amazon PPC?
Check out what we do here: ✔️ SellerSessions.com/Agency/
Take a look at some of our client case studies:
❌No Set up Fees
❌No Long Term Contracts
Unlike some agencies, we do not take:
❌ Percentage of your profit
❌ Percentage of your Revenue
❌ Percentage of your Ad Spend
Get in touch for a free account audit…
Connect with SellerSessions and DATABrill:
- Email: Danny@databrill.com