We had the opportunity to finally get Stefano Starkel, CEO and Strategy Designer at Zon.Tools. He shares with us his insights on idiot tax in your Amazon PPC and what is to be expected of Amazon soon.
A bit of a background
- Stefano Starkel is the CEO and Strategy designer of Zon. Tools
- He launched Zon.Tools at around the same time that DataBrill and Cabnopy were launched.
- The software was born in October 15, 2015.
- Stefano is a builder – not a maintainer. He built upon a software that his company actually uses and shared this with other people.
- Having a small team has its ups and downs.
- They do crash tests and see which one sticks. They get real-time feedback from their users and work on that.
- They have three bidding algorithms to be discontinued as algorithms in Amazon change.
- Stefano believes that machine learning is more applicable to describe what they do, not artificial technology.
- Artificial intelligence is something as smart as a self-driving car and no one is doing that yet in Amazon..
The Idiot Tax
- Amazon can change and allow negative modifiers but they don;t because they are leaving it in there as a form of idiot tax.
- But that is what we need right now.
- They are trying to add sponsored display and put parity between big sellers and small sellers.
- There will be a lot of movement.
- People need to be smart enough to keep track of the changes
Cost Per Click is Going Up
- New sellers are coming in and they do not know what they are doing.
- There is a need to learn – we don’t know where they are learning. But they are doing it wrong.
Connect with Stefano Starkel:
- Website: https://www.zon.tools/
- Email: Stefano@zon.tools
Connect with Danny: https://sellersessions.com/agency/
🚩SellerPoll is the annual awards for the Amazon seller community.
There are 9 categories to choose from. Including; Facebook Group, Outstanding Contribution, Software, Service Provider, Podcast, YouTube Channel, Events and more.
🚩SellerPoll is brought to you by PingPong. The no 1 for cross border payments…Vote now at https://sellersessions.com/sellerpoll/
💰Want great cross border rates? Then visit our wonderful sponsors at
📣Join us on these events!
October 17 – AmaFest Manchester | https://amafestuk.com/
October 22- 23rd – Cross Border Summit| https://crossbordersummit.com/
and China Magic the same week! https://www.chinamagictrip.com/
October 27 and 29 – Global Sources | http://www.globalsources.com/summit