Paul Harvey, Norm Farrar and Tim Jordan returns alongside me (for part 2), as we discuss fail products in our Amazon catalogues… This should be fun, no one is safe.
A bit of a background
- Norm Farrar has been in the e-commerce game for almost 30 years. He has been active in Amazon for 4 years.
- Tim Jordan is an Amazon seller and consultant.
- Paul Harvey is an eCommerce seller and co-founder of Seller Chatbot
- When you are doing your inspections and working with any material. look for positive or negative review from your competitors,
- Especially the ones with terrible reviews.
- Ask your manufacturers.
- Ask the experts.
- When you work with inspection agencies, give full details and make sure they know the material or the product.
- Make sure wood products are treated and cured.
- Get your spec samples and packaging homework done.
Be careful what you wish for
- Be careful when negotiating cost-savings. Your supplier might grant your wish but shave off the cost somewhere from your product.
- Be careful with selecting products, test them.
- At the first sign of trouble, check your products.
- When you receive complaints, retrace the customer steps and find out if the complaint is legitimate.
- Make sure you are covered for product liability.
Compute and recompute
- Test your own product to see if it works as advertised, even before it gets to the market.
- When bad things happen, mitigate loss.
Don’t be a genius
- Don’t try to reshape the wheel or repack the chains for that matter.
- Optimise: your product weight, packaging, listing.
- It takes months to be profitable. Budget accordingly.
- Check your price point.
Connect with our guests:
To get help, or if you have any question then get in touch with us: email@example.com
If you are looking for help or more information check out: https://sellersessions.com/case-studies/
- Thras.io – Lead Sponsor https://www.thras.io/
- Sellers Alley / YLT Translations – Boat Party https://ylt-translations.com/ & https://sellersalley.com/
- Urtasker – Merchandise https://www.urtasker.com/
- GEMBAH – Care Packages https://gembah.com/
- pingpong – Lanyards https://pingpongpayments.com/
- De Lilla – Design and branding https://alexdelilla.com/
SellerSessions LIVE — Tickets SOLD OUT!
Send Danny an email to get on the wait list: Danny@SellerSessions.com
About SellerSessions 2020
- Our venue this year: The David Game Keynote Theatre, with tiered seating.
- This year we are supporting a charity and a portion of the proceeds will be given to Tomy’s pioneering studies for prevention of babies born asleep: https://www.tommys.org/
- We will give away 5 FREE tickets for single-parent Amazon sellers. If you know anyone please get in touch to get the details.
- Confirmed speakers and more to come:
- Brandon Young
- Dr Yev Marusenko
- Destaney Wishon
- Zack Franklin
- Nadine Schöpper
- Liran Hirschkorn
- Ivelin Demirov
- Dr Ellis Whitehead
- Paul Harvey
- And yours truly, Danny McMillan. I will be hosting the show and speaking on a topic.
📈 Need help with your Amazon PPC?
Check out what we do here: ✔️ SellerSessions.com/Agency/
Take a look at some of our client case studies:
❌No Set up Fees
❌No Long Term Contracts
Unlike some agencies, we do not take:
❌ Percentage of your profit
❌ Percentage of your Revenue
❌ Percentage of your Ad Spend
Get in touch for a free account audit…
Connect with SellerSessions and DATABrill:
- Email: Danny@databrill.com