This is a live recording from Prague at the European Seller Conference with Simas Zelvys. He has 5 brands, one of which is being lined up for exit.
- Simas Zelvys is a seven figure seller in Amazon and he started 2014 in Amazon.
- Back then it was easy to get unverified reviews and you can get reviews easily and the seller with the most money was the winner.
- Simas scaled up his business by working hard on the business but he realized that the business does not last long if done manually.
- He realized that scaling up means automating production.
- In 2015, the next brand Simas worked with as an underwear line– funny printed underwear.
- He worked with a manufacturer but the supplier went bankrupt and Simas lost his supply chain.
- He found another supplier in China. Simas then received very negative reviews because the wrong printings and markings or sizings were done.
Getting back up
- Simas created a third brand — majority of the product was made and assembled in Lithuania.
- Simas then bought supreme quality materials from Germany and other parts of Europe. Using only a small part from China.
- He kept the manufacturing in-house to protect himself from copycats and bad quality.
- He also did trademark registry in US and Europe.
- Protect yourself from hijackers.
- Brand #4 came in 2018, and was built from the cash flow from Brand #3.
- Simas found interesting products using JungleScout.
- He looked for a Lithuanian company who could manufacture the product for him.
- The reason why he wanted to create another brand is differentiation.
- The first brand was jewelries and the second one was pet products.
- Simas wanted to differentiate and position the products — he treated his brands as stock portfolio.
- He selected brands from which he can always exit from.
- Three brands are enough to manage and control.
- One mistake was putting the brands under one umbrella, under one account — when Simas decided that it was time to look for buyers, everybody wanted to buy the account not only the brand.
- At the beginning, he thought to sell the brand with certificates.
- It doesn’t work this way — of course they wanted to buy the account with the PPC and sales history.
- LESSON: Create another account and move the brands, grow the brands from there and sell them.
A Winning Brand
- Great product, great material and every detail — that is a winning product.
- A failure is:
- Products that do not meet expectations of 5 sales per day.
- We do not get fazed by failure.
- Cash flow doesn’t work
- Return rate is high.
- Goal is to increase the price from $19 because of the PPC weight.
- Great product is the key. Find a better product than your competitors.
- How you present your product-– make good photos and designs. Hire professionals.
- Use great copy writing in all languages. Get good translators, do not use Google translator!
- Love the business.
- Having the knowledge means you can get back up faster because you know what to do.
To get help, or if you have any question then get in touch with us: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are looking for help or more information check out: https://sellersessions.com/case-studies/
- Thrasio – Lead Sponsor https://www.thras.io/
- Sellers Alley / YLT Translations – Boat Party https://ylt-translations.com/ & https://sellersalley.com/
- Urtasker – Merchandise https://www.urtasker.com/
- GEMBAH – Care Packages https://gembah.com/
- pingpong – Lanyards https://pingpongpayments.com/
- Alex De Lilla – Design and branding https://alexdelilla.com/
SellerSessions LIVE — Tickets SOLD OUT!
Send Danny an email to get on the wait list: Danny@SellerSessions.com
About SellerSessions 2020
- Our venue this year: The David Game Keynote Theatre, with tiered seating.
- This year we are supporting a charity and a portion of the proceeds will be given to Tomy’s pioneering studies for prevention of babies born asleep: https://www.tommys.org/
- We will give away 5 FREE tickets for single-parent Amazon sellers. If you know anyone please get in touch to get the details.
- Confirmed speakers and more to come:
- Brandon Young
- Dr Yev Marusenko
- Destaney Wishon
- Zack Franklin
- Nadine Schöpper
- Liran Hirschkorn
- Ivelin Demirov
- Dr Ellis Whitehead
- Paul Harvey
- And yours truly, Danny McMillan. I will be hosting the show and speaking on a topic.
📈 Need help with your Amazon PPC?
Check out what we do here: ✔️ SellerSessions.com/Agency/
Take a look at some of our client case studies:
❌No Set up Fees
❌No Long Term Contracts
Unlike some agencies, we do not take:
❌ Percentage of your profit
❌ Percentage of your Revenue
❌ Percentage of your Ad Spend
Get in touch for a free account audit…
Connect with SellerSessions and DATABrill:
- Email: Danny@databrill.com