Meny Hoffman drops by for the first time to discuss getting your voice right for your brand. This is not easy and often sellers fail miserably leaving money on the table…
- Meny Hoffman is the Chief Executive Officer of Ptex Group, an Inc. 500/5000-ranked marketing agency located in Brooklyn, NY, and a published business author.
All about branding
- Branding is for people who are looking to create sustainable business.
- They are looking to expand and grow business.
- There are two primary pillars for success on Amazon:
- Traffic to your listing
How to position your listing and your brand
- Every brand start with brand positioning before building products.
- They match up products and then market them.
- Amazon provides so much opportunity for people to first find product and then figure out expansion then brand building.
- Positioning is asking yourself what is the DNA of your brand?
- What do you want your brand to be known for?
- Positioning is every touch point from your customers unboxing your product to using the product and getting follow up emails from the brand.
Coffee and Donuts
- Take Dunkin Donuts and Starbucks as an example.
- They both sell coffee–
- Starbucks decided that it is all about the experience when customers buy coffee.
- Dunkin Donuts decided that it is all about convenience.
- There is no right or wrong, they can be both right or both wrong too.
- This depends on the expectations that they want to live up to.
- Once you block yourself into that positioning then everything is based on that.
- For Amazon sellers — where do you want to be from hereon? What market do you want to serve?
- Where do you start?
Benefits of Positioning and Narrative
- Positioning spits out the buyer persona.
- First thing: look at what got you here, if you started off mimicking other products, ask what makes you unique or how do you want to be unique?What are you bringing to the table?
- For example, an ex-chef would focus on chef items or kitchen utensils.
- This is your UNIQUE SELLING POINT.
- Don’t be like everybody else. Start with your story on how a product can be better or how you can better your product.
- Is it packaging?
- Is it shipping speed?
- Is it quality?
- The second step: who is your target market?
- Your voice and tone will make all the difference in the narrative of your brand.
- Your voice and tone are:
- Naming, tagline, solid mission statement
- How are you making the world a better place with your product.
- How do you email your customers or how conversations are happening? Are you talking?
- Amazon is more of a brand-centric platform.
- Have that voice fit for your market. And your tone.
- Make sure this is consistent across your brand.
- Have brand guidelines.
- Make sure this is something you believe in!
- Keep the language simple
- Something people would like to read.
- Go back to your basics when it gets to “fluffy”.
- This is why your blueprint is important.
Finding Your Blue Print
- Your blue print tells you how you will expand and where.
- Get the right input — your gut feeling will tell you if you can live up to that destination.
- Make decisions based on branding. The positioning talks to you!
- Whether you like it or not, this provides you with the road map of what you do or don’t do.
Connect with our guest Meny Hoffman:
To get help, or if you have any question then get in touch with us: email@example.com
If you are looking for help or more information check out: https://sellersessions.com/case-studies/
- Thrasio – Lead Sponsor https://www.thras.io/
- Sellers Alley / YLT Translations – Boat Party https://ylt-translations.com/ & https://sellersalley.com/
- Urtasker – Merchandise https://www.urtasker.com/
- GEMBAH – Care Packages https://gembah.com/
- pingpong – Lanyards https://pingpongpayments.com/
- Alex De Lilla – Design and branding https://alexdelilla.com/
SellerSessions LIVE — Tickets SOLD OUT!
Send Danny an email to get on the wait list: Danny@SellerSessions.com
About SellerSessions 2020
- Our venue this year: The David Game Keynote Theatre, with tiered seating.
- This year we are supporting a charity and a portion of the proceeds will be given to Tomy’s pioneering studies for prevention of babies born asleep: https://www.tommys.org/
- We will give away 5 FREE tickets for single-parent Amazon sellers. If you know anyone please get in touch to get the details.
- Confirmed speakers and more to come:
- Brandon Young
- Dr Yev Marusenko
- Destaney Wishon
- Zack Franklin
- Nadine Schöpper
- Liran Hirschkorn
- Ivelin Demirov
- Dr Ellis Whitehead
- Paul Harvey
- And yours truly, Danny McMillan. I will be hosting the show and speaking on a topic.
📈 Need help with your Amazon PPC?
Check out what we do here: ✔️ SellerSessions.com/Agency/
Take a look at some of our client case studies:
❌No Set up Fees
❌No Long Term Contracts
Unlike some agencies, we do not take:
❌ Percentage of your profit
❌ Percentage of your Revenue
❌ Percentage of your Ad Spend
Get in touch for a free account audit…
Connect with SellerSessions and DATABrill:
- Email: Danny@databrill.com