Join us in this episode with Athena Severi, Alycia Shapiro, Anne Ferris, Georgie Mayhew and Katherine Phipps. I will get the low down on what is going on in their world right now and the impact it is having on their Amazon businesses and services.
A bit of a background
- Athena Severi has been selling on Amazon for five years now
- Alycia Shapiro has been on e-commerce since 2003, she started her private label brand in 2014.
- Anne Ferris has been selling on Amazon for three years with a family focused brand.
- Georgie Mayhew has been selling on Amazon for about three years and has a seven figure business.
- Katherine Phipps also an Amazon seller shares with us her insights.
While on lockdown..
- Get to spend time with family.
- Get to know your team members and invest in them during this times.
- Put out content that can help people.
- Work with influencers and build a community of customers on social media.
- Work on building your categories: consumables, health and wellness.
- Stay up to date with all the information and look back at the recession from 2007.
- Look at financial instruments being offered.
- Maintain your payroll and protect your cash-flow.
- There are opinions that it will be a V- shaped recession, where it will be easier to bounce back.
- Prepare for Q4.
- Study and connect with people.
- Focus on things that will help you return.
- Improve yourself for 10, 15 or 20 minutes.
- TURN OFF NETFLIX!
Get out of the funk!
- Wake up and don’t get stuck scrolling.
- One tiny success will move your day.
- Change little things.
- Have core goals set up and create accountability with or among your friends.
- Not accomplishing anything builds up to procrastination.
- Procrastination makes us feel bad about ourselves.
- Read one page and get anything accomplished — take small bites.
- Be fearless! Stand up on your own two feet and be fearless.
- What did you do great today and what did you fail at.
- Everything you do does not have to be right (or perfect). It is what you do to make yourself better.
Time management and Education During Lockdown
- Compartmentalize your time.
- Spend time with your kids and focus on your family.
- This is a precious time that might never happen again so don’t prioritize education — it comes in different forms.
- Teach your children life skills or business skills.
- Balance your kids day.
- Whatever approach you take with education, it begins at home.
- Teach them how to learn things and learn fast.
- Understand how your children’s learn.
- Teach your children how to run their business.
- Let your kids discover their passion!
How our kids can recession-proof their life
- Get them on Amazon early. Teach them business skills.
- Show your kids that life is limitless.
- Teach them to give back and how to get back up.
- Teach them how to bounce back up emotionally.
- Teach your kids resilience!
- Practice gratitude.
What people should be doing right know
- Find out what your customers want and deep dive on your business.
- Have a positive mindset.
- Reach out to other people.
- Use available data and focus on historical data because the current data is skewed.
- This is the time to go all in on your branding.
- Update your wordings and make it more friendly and emotional.
- The same with images.
- Create a brand story– the customer is the hero of the story!
Connect with our guests on Facebook:
To get help, or if you have any question then get in touch with us: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are looking for help or more information check out: https://sellersessions.com/case-studies/
- Thras.io – Lead Sponsor https://www.thras.io/
- Sellers Alley / YLT Translations – Boat Party https://ylt-translations.com/ & https://sellersalley.com/
- Urtasker – Merchandise https://www.urtasker.com/
- GEMBAH – Care Packages https://gembah.com/
- pingpong – Lanyards https://pingpongpayments.com/
- De Lilla – Design and branding https://alexdelilla.com/
SellerSessions LIVE — Tickets SOLD OUT!
Send Danny an email to get on the wait list: Danny@SellerSessions.com
About SellerSessions 2020
- Our venue this year: The David Game Keynote Theatre, with tiered seating.
- This year we are supporting a charity and a portion of the proceeds will be given to Tomy’s pioneering studies for prevention of babies born asleep: https://www.tommys.org/
- We will give away 5 FREE tickets for single-parent Amazon sellers. If you know anyone please get in touch to get the details.
- Confirmed speakers and more to come:
- Brandon Young
- Dr Yev Marusenko
- Destaney Wishon
- Zack Franklin
- Nadine Schöpper
- Liran Hirschkorn
- Ivelin Demirov
- Dr Ellis Whitehead
- Paul Harvey
- And yours truly, Danny McMillan. I will be hosting the show and speaking on a topic.
📈 Need help with your Amazon PPC?
Check out what we do here: ✔️ SellerSessions.com/Agency/
Take a look at some of our client case studies:
❌No Set up Fees
❌No Long Term Contracts
Unlike some agencies, we do not take:
❌ Percentage of your profit
❌ Percentage of your Revenue
❌ Percentage of your Ad Spend
Get in touch for a free account audit…
Connect with SellerSessions and DATABrill:
- Email: Danny@databrill.com