This week, Zack Leonard joins as we go in depth on how your factory is constantly testing you to see if you are the real deal. They are always watching!
- Zack Leonard is the CEO and founder of Gembah, Inc.
- He worked with Chinese suppliers.
Supplier Relationship is a Must!
- Your business depends largely on your relationship with your factories.
- Read about Guanxi to get an idea of Chinese culture.
- Step 1: Have tea. Whenever you go to visit a factory and asked what you would have, ask for tea. Business deals in China are made over tea.
- Chinese people come to know you over tea.
- Read on history of the Chinese tea ceremony and tea etiquette.
- Step 2: On the tour of the factory – do not commit right away. When they give you a tour of the factory – do not commit or give away how you feel. Take the emotion out of business deals
- Have the conversation but do not react or deal right away.
- Just let them talk.
- Step 3: When asked your preference to eat – choose a local restaurant, local food. It shows respect and knowledge of their culture.
- Step 4: Table etiquette. There is a specific seating order. Let them talk about their family, answer questions about yours. The seat of the guest of honor is the farthest.
- Kampei – lower your cup below when your cheer, lower than theirs ALWAYS.
- This is where you open up and create relationship. If they are planning to visit US offer your assistance like maybe you know a place that is great value and awesome service.
- Do not offer to pick up the bill unless you are the one who asked them out.
- Do not suggest for them to take you out BUT if they offer to continue the party – go out and have fun with them.
- Step 4: Cultivate relationship through WeChat.
- Make sure to have an account
- Send a thank you through WeChat
- Make good on tipsy promises – those you made under the influence of alcohol, if any.
- Say Happy New year on special occasions.
- Make sure you are aware of Chinese holidays.
Benefiting from Building Relationships
- Be sincere about building the relationship. It is a two-way street.
- Once you build a relationship, you can utilize their vetted network.
- It reduces the chance of copycats
- You build respect and loyalty – they can let you know if someone else comes in and wants to copy and mass produce the product you created.
- Other things – Chinese people value face to face interactions.
- Important: get your manufacturer’s WeChat accounts!
Give kindly to a great cause in 2020! Support the cause in stamping out trafficking of children.
📈 Need help with your Amazon PPC?
Check out what we do here: ✔️ SellerSessions.com/Agency/
Take a look at some of our client case studies:
❌No Set up Fees
❌No Long Term Contracts
Unlike some agencies, we do not take:
❌ Percentage of your profit
❌ Percentage of your Revenue
❌ Percentage of your Ad Spend
Get in touch for a free account audit…
Connect with Zack Leonard:
- Website: https://gembah.com/
- Email at email@example.com
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/zack-leonard-a2741938
Connect with SellerSessions and DATABrill:
- Email: Danny@databrill.com