Ben Leonard sells from the UK to Europe and has been about 2 years on Amazon. With 9-10 SKUs and more on the way.
Ben’s stock went missing and was sold off…
- Summer 2016 new product launched
- Heading out on Honeymoon when he got notified of the product being pulled for a safety issue
- But the product is 110% safe!?!
- Ben went back and asked for more info on the issue
- They sent him what the customer had said
- Ben was able to tell that the customer had not read the instructions and had broken the product
- Even when broken it was still not unsafe!
- This was Ben’s first suspension on a product
- He reached out on Facebook and Danny replied!
- He suggested doing a removal order which worked as part of Ben’s plan of action
- The plan of action talks of what happened, how it happened and what he’s doing to make sure it can’t happen again
- Meanwhile Ben’s waiting for the 600 units of his stock to arrive
- Only 10% made and time went on…
Escalated in Amazon
- Finally he got it escalated and got to speak to the Captive team in South Africa
- They admitted they and their courier had lost his stock
- They compensated him but not at a high rate
The Stock re-appeared
- Almost forgotten about it but a year later…
- there was a hijacker on his listing
- Ben sent a cease and desist letter
- He even went and bought all their stock
- Got a message back from a UK seller saying it was legitimate stock
- Turned out they had bought the stock at a lost in transit auction
- Amazon and courier lost the stock and it then got sold off to a 3rd party
- This stock was now being sold and undercutting Ben
- This is discontinued stock and so shouldn’t be sold following the safety question, Ben had discontinued it
- Ben told the seller that he’s selling a discontinued product that had a safety complaint
- If he continues to sell it – Ben would go down the public safety lines of authority
- This scared them off but they might pop up on eBay
- Why didn’t Amazon or the courier get in touch with Ben (the brand was all over it)
- Seems pretty dodgy – undercutting independent brands
- The account manager at Amazon was useless
- In PAN-EU now which is good for Ben but he had very little help with this problem
- Emailed all the evidence and cases to Amazon and heard nothing back
- That person has stopped selling his listing and so just moving on
- How do we get better support from Amazon?